Sunday, February 24, 2013
Memories- Chapter 5 (Final) Posted at 12:21 AM 0 comments (+)

Title: Memories
Chapter Five: Memories
Genre: Angst/ Fluff
Rating: PG-13
Author: Sugihara_aiko
Disclaimer: Nothing to disclaim, except that the picture was to be found on the net, and i edited it using photoshop.
Author's Note: Is this considered fiction or non-fiction? Well, that's up to you to guess I supposed :D (Btw, this series won't be very long since it's like very long for each chapter,) 



It was few months after everything happened. Many things changed. My friendship between Saito and me changed. I felt awkward whenever he comes near me in school. Sooner later, I heard from my friends that Raki and Kiriko have broken up, but they still kept in contact.

At that point of time, I always wondered to myself if I still like Raki. However, few months of not contacting Saito, and it just came to me. What I have left for Raki was just pure love. A love that does not belong to the boyfriend and girlfriend kind of love, but a love of gratitude and thankfulness.

I thank Raki for letting me know the pain of loving someone. I thank Raki for letting me realize that the one who is true to you will never leaves your side. I thank him, for leaving me, and allowing me to met up with Saito.

That was truly the time I started to fall in love with Saito. The boy who saved me from my despair moments. The boy who was always there no matter what happened.

However, everything was too late when I realize it. I took his feelings for granted. I left him. How could I even desire for him to get back together with me?

At that moment, Yumi and I drifted apart because of our studies and our own dealing of relationship.

I thought that by just simply liking Saito, and everything will definitely be fine. I won’t want him to realize that, and I won’t want him to know either.

Until, that one day.

Hey… I have something to talk to you about. How about we meet at the carpark? He messaged me.

I covered my face. I didn’t know if joy or sadness was engulfing me. That day, I replied a alright, and went to bed. The next day, I got up earlier than usual, and went to school earlier than I did on any other days. I sat at the carpark, and waited for his arrival.

45 minutes passed, and he finally came. He saw me sitting there, and he awkwardly walked over to say hello to me.

We kept quiet for the entire time, before he looked at me. “Do you still like me?” he asked.

I kept quiet. I didn’t want to answer to that question. It’s too early. No, I am not prepared to confess yet.

He didn’t wait for my reply before he continued. “I still like you, I still hope that you can be my girlfriend once again,”

I looked away. My tears were about to fall, and I tightly bite the lower part of my lips. What should I do? Someone needs to tell me, what should I do?

I quickly stood up, and grabbed my bag. “HEY! Don’t do this to me,” he said, as he hurriedly grabbed onto the wrist of my hand. “Le—Let go,” I murmured, loud enough for him to hear.

“No. I’m afraid that I’ll regret that I let you go today in the future. Give me a chance. I can’t live without you, Aiko,” he whispered, as he stood up. My figure was just stood rooted there, unable to move an inch from the spot.

He slowly placed both of his hands around me, and dragged me in for a hug. “I’ll cherish you, I promise. Please, trust me,”

I nodded my head, before my place my hands onto his back.

There was everything. The boy that was standing in front of me was my everything.

***

Yumi and I started to talk after settling down for a few weeks. She told me that she and Takeru have got back together, and they were even closer than before. I smiled and told her the similar news. About me, and Saito.

“Are you sure you are fine with him?” she asked me. I nodded my head, and she shrugged her shoulders. “If you are fine, then I am alright,” she said.

The times spent together were seriously unforgettable. He treated me like a gem. He spend time with me, we studied together, walked home together, went out together. He was really the one that I needed in my life. I thought I needed him that badly. We argued sometimes, but it is always him that is giving in to me.

On every morning, I would always wait for him at the bus stop, and when he arrived, he always has that smile that brightens my day up.

On our one year anniversary, he got us a couple ring. I loved it a lot. He told me to close my eyes, and let my hand out. He took it, and placed it around my finger. It was so fantastic. That was the best moment of my life. He told me to open my eyes, and I saw that his finger had one too. I hurriedly gave him a tight hug, and said, “Thank you!”

He shyly turned away.

To be honest, now that I looked back, there were so many memories between us. We last for two years odd and then everything took a change. It was after this incident that makes me realize how fragile a human heart can be. How fragile, can ones feeling be.

Dear, what are you doing? Are you studying for exams? :D 

Yes of course.

Haha. Me too. I couldn’t understand certain topics though.

I smiled. I asked which topics he didn’t understand and I tried explaining to him. Later on, he understood and we stopped messaging so that we could concentrate on our studies.

The next morning, we met slightly earlier to study for our test. Just then, his phone ringed, and he hurriedly hid it into his pocket since it’s against the rule to bring phone. He put it on silent mode. He looked at me, before giggling and placing it back into his bag.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. He kept quiet, before looking at me, “Huh? Oh, nothing,” he said.

I nodded my head, before going back to revision.

Few weeks later, both of us decided to stop meeting and texting each other so to concentrate on our studies. Our major examinations were in one or two months time and we didn’t want to affect each other.

“Let’s take a break from each other. At this rate, we won’t be able to concentrate,” I said. He agreed, before he patted my head. “I’ll wait till the examinations are over, and once again, we’ll get back together and enjoy back the times we have always spent like always,”

I smiled, before giving him a last hug.

I didn’t suspect him at all. I trusted him so much. I trusted and looked forward to the end of the examinations.

***

I patiently waited. One week, two weeks, three weeks, one month. I continued waited. Saito finally texted me one month after all of our examinations ended.

I have something to tell you. He texted me.

I felt that something was wrong, and I immediately asked him what happened. He told me a time and the place and required me to go there immediately. I hurriedly got dressed, and went to the meeting place.

“Hey,” he said, sipping onto his drink that he had in front of him.

I settled down on the seat and ordered an orange juice for myself.

“So? What was the important thing?”

“I…. I confessed to Kiriko-chan, but she rejected me,” he said, sighing.

My fingers grabbed tightly onto my hem of my dress, before I smiled, and expected him to continue his sentence. “At times of my worst, she was always there for me. She encouraged me, and made me work hard during my most difficult time,”

“So? What happened? What did she said?” I asked.

“She rejected me, purely saying that we were only friends and nothing more. It kind of hurts… so I thought of asking you out to hear me out,” he replied.

“Was I a bother?” he asked.

I shake my head, before my orange juice came in time. I sipped onto it, and looked at him. “It’s nothing wrong liking someone. You confessed, and she rejected. She must have known that she and you are probably really just friends,”

“No. That’s not it. She said she still likes….” He paused for a moment, “Raki-kun,”

The name made my whole body shivered for a second. “Mmm. They are one good couple I had to agree,” I said, my voice slightly shivering, but I controlled it.

He sighed again. “But thanks anyway, you’re really my great friend!” he exclaimed.

I smiled.

“Oh, anyway, I am going overseas for a competition next week. So you’ll probably be unable to contact me for about two weeks,” he said, before finishing his drink. I nodded my head, and quickly sipped my drink as well. “I got to go now! See you soon then. Thanks for hearing me out, Aiko!”

Before even allowing me to say goodbye, he left. I choked on my drink, before I decided to get another one and stayed on longer.

That was the end. To me, everything ended like this. Saito forgot his promise to me he makes few months back, and I just didn’t have the courage to bring it up anymore. If he doesn’t remember, why should I go and mention it for?

You said you will not leave me. And yet, you cut us off so happily like this. Raki did this, and so did you.

Both of you left me for the same girl.


That was when I realize that everything ended. Tears dripped down my eyes and I silently cried at the corner of the café.

Memories, they were so near, yet so far.

Memories, they were meant to be locked and placed away. 
About
Christabel Yap.

Pen-name: Sugihara Aiko.
A major J-POP Fan, especially of NEWS, Tegomass.
Beware of my mood-swings, and i am definitely not friendly when i'm in one of the moods! Treat me good, and i'll treat you good.
I ain't no famous people, and just an average schooler, and goes to an average school.
Right here are original stories. Do look out for Warning as some content might not suit your genre. Enter at your own risk.
Lastly do enjoy :)
index
Affiliates
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.